Tuesday 25 September 2018

Writing #27


○ Cobra • Chapter III ○

















































VONGORE TOWN. ILLUSION'S LIAR. END OF SEPTEMBER.
-Second floor…the last door on the right.
Viper says, her voice no more than a whisper, once she is inside the small building.
-Thank you for the floor, brother, but…the door is kinda obvious.
She adds coming up the stairs from the cold floor 0, arriving in an hallway decorated with purple wallpapers with frogs printed on them.
-What the….?
Half commences Viper reaching her door but looking at the walls.
-I saw circus’ tents less odd of these…wallpapers…
She finishes bending to have a better look at it.
-I find them adorable. Maybe because I like frogs.
A monotonous male  voice says graciously.
Hearing it Viper stands straight, turning to look at the owner of the voice.
-Even if having them on wallpapers are bit too eccentric for me too.
The boy with turquoise hair adds.
-I’m your roommate. Come in. We may be only 3 residents in this building  but you don’t have to stay there.
The boy tells her leaving the door frame where he was leaning.
Viper, in the meanwhile, only stares at him: he is wearing a pair of shorts of a shade slightly darker of his hair, a bright green shirt of Kermit The Frog and he had small tattoos under his eyes opal eyes.
She enters as he suggested and what she finds is a quite messy room: two single beds placed  against the two opposite walls but both under a huge window showing the view over the hill; there is a tv placed on the wall in front of the window with several video recorders, dvd players, games consoles and 5-6 plies of videogames; on the wall where is one of the beds, there is a small cabinet with a microwave over and a small fridge; on the opposite side of this said wall, there are random stuff laying there just getting dusty.
The bathroom is an invisible door, openable only by who knows where it is located: pressing on its surface, the door moves making the room visible and accessible.
-Nice…place.
Viper says dragging her suitcase in the small apartment, closing the door behind her.
-Is it, isn’t it?
Replies the boy with the same amount of sarcasm.
-We could put on the Mite’s Circus.
The girls adds looking at all the dust on the floor.
-Well, if you keep killing them the juggler number will be cancelled. And…oh! No! Jim! Jim, my friend! You killed him! You killed the mite clown! He had children! And new awesome jokes!!
He says, his face not showing the tragedy he was describing, his voice slightly doing the job while chewing every moment more obviously an insanely green gum.
-My condolences.
She replies briefly: the boy is starting to get her sympathy, so she hints a smile.
-I appreciate them.
He keeps with his acting, barely bending the head.
-By the way…I’m Fran Frog.
Fran introduces himself, offering his hand for a shake, popping the gum.
Viper lifts both her eyebrows.
-You’re kidding me.
She says dryly.
-Why? I told you I like frogs.
Fran replies bluntly as she shakes hands with him, concluding the presentations.
 -That’s your bed.
The boy points at the bed freshly made with purple, black and dark green sheets with an odd cage placed on it.
Viper widens her eyes.
-PHANTASMA!
She shouts, reaching with few big steps the bed (the room isn’t so big) nearly throwing her suitcase on the floor.
-There it is where Verde had sent you!! My baby boy…
The girl says lowering her voice, taking out the cage a huge deep green frog with red eyes.
Her roommate comes closer, sitting on his bed, in front of her.
-Do you like frogs?
Fran asks, popping his gum once again, staring at the big toad that under its owner’s touch looks very happy.
-Only this one…
She answers and, incredibly, she smiles.
-Oh! Better than nothing! Finally a nice animal in this house. All the others had cats, birds, hamsters, tiny dogs raised like spoiled brats…
He says disgusted, shaking his shoulders like a shiver is running up his back at the gross memories.
Viper nearly exploded in a laugh.
-Well, be happy with Phantasma. Because he won’t go away. Nor until I’m here…
She ends, a deeply tender tone in her voice, hugging tightly the amphibious.
-Oh.
She says, like returning herself after that moment of unnatural softness.
-I have to go. My brother is waiting me.
Explains placing Phantasma, that never stopped to look at its owner, on her bed.
-He has to show me where I’ll work.
She adds like she was afraid of it and that the idea really was a weight on her.
-I think I’ll be back for the dinner…
-And I’ll be able to explain you the house’s rules.
He adds.
Viper doesn’t replies.
Not yet.
-The house’s…rules.
She manages to says.
-Yes. The house’s rules. The rules of Illusion’s Liar.
Fran repeats, just to add power to his words.
Viper stays quiet, exchanging glance with her frog before standing up.
-Fine. See you later…Fran.
Saying her goodbyes the girl flying out the door, her destiny awaiting.







My fight to translate this work is endless, I'll be 40 by the time I've finished it :V
Will I be able to post it on another social platform and getting back in khr fandom for real? Mh????
The good thing is that i'm making a proper original front cover for both Cobras so that i won't have propiety problems with other artists: New Skin's one is, strangely, already done and i'm surprised of how well i'm doing at digital drawings, i'd really like to keep following my idea to do little by little all the main characters like random art in between chapters (i think like it would be printed, be patient with me :''D)
I hope to do the cover switch soon🤞 and to keep translating this well the first 'book'

~kali 



No comments:

Post a Comment